|Department of Planning & Development
520 Market Street
City Hall, Room 224
P.O. Box 95120
Camden, NJ 08101-5120
Zoning Board Members
Zoning Board Meeting Dates
Zoning Board Agendas
Zoning Board Application
NOTICE OF REMOTE PUBLIC MEETING
ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
CITY OF CAMDEN
Please accept this as notification in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act” that the meeting of the Zoning Board of Adjustment of the City of Camden scheduled for Monday, July 6, 2020 at 5:30 pm WILL BE CONDUCTED REMOTELY AND LIVE VIA ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCE
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ZOOM SOFTWARE: https://zoom.us/.
Due to the COVID-19 (“CORONAVIRUS”) pandemic and in accordance with Executive Order No. 107 signed by Governor Murphy on March 21, 2020, and guidance issued by the Division of Community Affairs Division of Local Government Services (“DCA”) on or about July 6, 2020, the Township Zoning Board meeting will be available to the public in a video/teleconference manner through https://zoom.us/.
The complete agenda and submitted/pending Board applications and/or site plans can be viewed/inspected by the public in City Hall, first floor at the security desk. All exhibits (if any) to be submitted during hearings can also be viewed in City Hall, first floor at the security desk 48 hours before the meeting. The agenda for this meeting can be viewed/inspected by the public on the City of Camden website https://ci.camden.nj.us.
IF YOU INTEND TO VIEW OR TESTIFY DURING THE PUBLIC PORTIONS OF THIS MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT Evita Davis, Zoning Board Secretary at 856-757-7214 or EvDavis@ci.camden.nj.us
NO LATER THAN 3:30 PM MONDAY, JULY 6, 2020.
Beginning Monday, July 6, at 5:30 PM, the public can access and participate in the meeting by the following link:
Meeting ID: 958 2471 6785
Dial by your location – find your location number by clicking: https://zoom.us/u/ad43MluCgs
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Individuals lacking the resources or know-how for technological access should contact Evita Davis, Zoning Board Secretary for assistance in accessing the plans and the meeting: 856-757-7214, EvDavis@ci. camden.nj.us
The existing City of Camden Zoning Board of Adjustment, with the members thereon, is hereby reestablished as the City of Camden Board of Adjustment pursuant to the provisions of P.L. 1975, c. 291, Section 56 (N.J.S.A. 40:55D-69)
The Zoning Board of Adjustments shall accordingly exercise its power to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged by the applellant that there is error in any order, requirement, decision or refusal made by an administrative officer based on or made in the enforcement of the zoning ordinance.
- Interpretation of the zoning map, ordinance, or for decisions upon other special questions.
- Grant a variance to allow a structure or use in a district restricted against such structure or use in particular cases and for special reasons, but only by affirmative vote of at least two-thirds (2/3) of the full authorized membership of the Board
- Review its decisions on application and appeals for variances, prepare by resolution a report of its findings, and it’s recommendations for zoning ordinance amendments or revisions, if any.
- To direct the issuance of a permit for a building or structure in the bed of a mapped street or public drainageway, flood control basin or public area or to direct the issuance of a permit for a building or structure not related to a street.