Title: ASSISTANT MUNICIPAL TAX COLLECTOR
Issue Date: 02/01/2018 Closing Date: 02/21/2018
Jurisdiction: CAMDEN Salary: $64,226.00 Per Year
Num. of Positions: 1 Workweek: 35 Hours per week
Application Fee: $25.00
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF:
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree.
NOTE: Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a recognized evaluation service. Please upload a copy of your evaluation with your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
NOTE: Applicants who do not meet the above educational requirement may substitute two (2) years of full-time experience in municipal tax collection to have included duties in tax billing, collection, and enforcement and reporting; or one (1) year of full-time municipal tax collection experience and thirty (30) credit hours.
NOTE: A current, valid Tax Collector’s certificate issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, may substitute for the above education requirements. If you are substituting a certificate for education. Please upload a copy of your certificate with your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
NOTE: This position involves assuming the duties, responsibilities, and authority of the Tax Collector in his/her absence. Possession of certificates showing satisfactory completion of courses in Municipal Tax Collection I, II, and III offered by Rutger’s University, or a current and valid Tax Collector’s certificate issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs is required. Please upload copies of your transcript or certificate(s) with your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
PLEASE NOTE: As of August 1, 2017, all applications must be completed and submitted by 4:00 pm on the closing date.
Customer Care and Technical Support: If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, customer care and technical support are available during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday – Friday, excluding holidays and emergency closings. Please email: OAS.email@example.com or call (609) 292-4144. Please note that application support requests received outside regular business hours on the closingdate will not change the application filing deadline so PLEASE FILE EARLY.
1. NJAC 4A:4-2.3(b) states that all requirements must be met as of the closing date.
2. Online applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date listed above.
3. You must complete your application in detail. Your score may be based on a comparison of your background with the job requirements. Failure to complete your application properly may lower your score or cause you to fail.
NOTE: Auto-fill may cause incomplete information on your application. Please confirm your name, address and phone number prior to submitting your application.
If an employment list results from this announcement, it may be certified to fill full-time and part-time positions.
4. Effective September 1, 2011, the New Jersey First residency law was enacted. Please click here for additional information.
5. In accordance with Public Law 2010 c. 26, Veterans pay a reduced application fee of $15.00 if they have previously established Veteran’s Preference with the DMAVA (as defined by NJSA 11A:5-1 et seq). Those claiming Veteran’s Preference but have not yet received approval from DMAVA must pay the full application fee and may request a refund if the claim is approved at least 8 days prior to the issuance of the eligibility list. Please note this reduced fee does not apply to Public Safety titles.
6. Application fees submitted via personal check or money order must be postmarked within five (5) business days of submitting your application. If your fee is postmarked after five (5) business days, or is returned as invalid, you will be declared ineligible and denied admittance to the examination process.