Law Department FAQ

Law FAQs2022-12-08T13:21:26-05:00
Once a claim has been filed, what happens next?2022-10-24T22:39:49-04:00

After receipt of your claim, the Office of Risk Management will forward your claim to our third-party administrator, Qual-lynx, for processing and investigation. Once the claim is processed and investigated, Qual-lynx will contact you via mail to inform you of their findings. If a representative has not contacted you within thirty (30) days, please call 609-653-8400.

How do I file a claim with the City of Camden?2022-11-10T21:11:07-05:00

If you wish to file a claim against the City of Camden, you must complete a property damage, or personal injury claims form within 90 days of the incident. Claim forms can be found under the Important Forms section.  You must include the following information:  Date, time, and location of the incident; description of what occurred; type of damage(s) or nature of the injury; copies of invoices, receipts, and estimates; and any additional documentation supporting your claim (i.e., photos, diagrams, statements, police report, etc.), full mailing address and daytime telephone number. You may mail or fax the documents to:


City of Camden
Law Department
Office of Risk Management
City Hall, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 95120
Camden, NJ 08101-5120
Fax: 856-541-3719

Does the City Attorney advise private citizens on legal matters?2022-10-24T22:39:06-04:00

No. The City Attorney cannot provide legal advice to private citizens on personal legal matters.

The following organizations may be helpful to citizens seeking legal assistance:

South Jersey Legal Services (856) 964-2010, Camden County Bar Association 856-482-0620

Mayor Victor Carstarphen

Quick Contact Info

520 Market St, Camden, NJ 08101

Phone: 856-757-7000


Go to Top