|Keith L. Walker ,C.P.W.M., OEM Coordinator
Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
101 Newton Ave
Camden , NJ 08103
FEMA Community Preparedness
Camden County OEM
Mitigation Plan for Four NJ Counties
National Preparedness Community
Emergency Preparedness Plan
Emergency Notification System (Swift911)
Enhanced 911 Emergency System (Smart911)
National Preparedness Month (September)
FEMA Region II Individual and Community Preparedness BulletinReport
OEM Emergency Hotline :(856) 757-7630 and (856) 968-4743
Our Mission is to provide a comprehensive and integrated emergency management system that coordinates community resources to protect lives, property and the environment through mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery from all natural and man-made hazards that may impact our city.
What we do:
- Coordinate Emergency Management activities for the City Of Camden.
- Maintain and update the city’s Comprehensive Emergency Operation Plan, Hazards Vulnerability Analysis and Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Activate and staff the city’s Emergency Operations Center.
- Work with other county, city, town, departments, agencies and task force elements to develop a variety of related emergency plans, procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinate for local, state and federal government response and recovery operations during a major emergency or disaster.
- Maintain and operate the city fixed –site and mobile Emergency Operations Center if needed during emergency operations.
- Conduct community emergency and disaster education workshops.
- Monitor severe weather watches, warnings and special statements issued by the National Weather Service and provide this information to other local government departments including public safety and public works agencies.
- Conduct meetings for the City Of Camden Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Provide assistance and support to all public safety agencies, government entities and private sector partners through planning, training and exercising.
- Coordinate resource support to tactical response units and on scene Incident Commanders.
- Provide Continuity of Operations Planning information and guidance.
Patrick J Keating – Public works Deputy Coordinator * Edward Glassman – Fire Dept. Deputy Coordinator
Albert Handy- Police Dept. Deputy Coordinator * Donald Fisher- EMS Deputy Coordinator