Due to the City’s COVID-19 health emergency and pursuant to Executive Order 216 (2021), election petitions for the June 8, 2021 Primary Election (Mayor, Council At Large and Democratic Committee) are being made available to the general public either by:
(1) downloading a PDF copy of the forms to be filled out, see below, from the City’s website www.ci.camden.nj.us or
(2) by contacting (calling 856-757-7223 or emailing a request to Clerk@ci.camden.nj.us ) the Municipal Clerk’s Office and making a request. Hard copy(ies) of the petition(s) will be provided to the requestor by mail.
Unlike previous elections, copies of petitions will not be made available to the general public for in-person pick-up as a result of the current health emergency arising from COVID-19. Petitions will only be available to the general public by download or mail as specified above.
All completed petitions are to be delivered to the Municipal Clerk’s Office by April 5, 2021, by 4:00 P.M (deadline). Although Camden City Hall is presently closed to the general public due to the current health emergency, special arrangements have been made to allow the person delivering the petition(s) to use one of the following methods:
(1) E-mail the completed petition(s) to the Clerk at: Clerk@ci.camden.nj.us;
(2) Place the completed petition(s) in the City of Camden Drop Box in front of Camden City Hall; or
(3) In-person delivery of the completed petition(s) to the Municipal Clerk’s Office. For in-person delivery, the person making the delivery is to advise Camden City Hall Security of the need for an in-person delivery to the Clerk’s Office. At that point, Camden City Hall Security will contact the Clerk’s Office so that staff from the Clerk’s Office can come to the front of Camden City Hall and receive the petition(s). Camden City Hall Security are currently implementing COVID-19 screenings as recommended by the CDC and public health officials.
For hand-delivery, individuals are required to conduct social distancing, wear masks or other appropriate face coverings at all times, are subject to temperature checks, and subject to any other health safety measures implemented by Camden City Hall Security during this health emergency.
If you have any questions, please contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office at (856) 757-7223 or email Clerk@ci.camden.nj.us .