Anything from your curb to your door (and anything along the side of the house if you have a corner property) is the responsibility of the property owner to have it removed at your cost.  In addition, tree cutting permit must be issued to continue with the work. Tree permits can be acquired at Public Works if you decide to cut the tree down.