OEM Emergency Hotline
(856) 757-7630 and (856) 968-4743
Our Mission is to provide a comprehensive and integrated emergency management system that coordinates community resources to protect lives, property and the environment through mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery from all natural and man-made hazards that may impact our city.
What we do:
- Coordinate Emergency Management activities for the City Of Camden.
- Maintain and update the city’s Comprehensive Emergency Operation Plan, Hazards Vulnerability Analysis and Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Activate and staff the city’s Emergency Operations Center.
- Work with other county, city, town, departments, agencies and task force elements to develop a variety of related emergency plans, procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinate for local, state and federal government response and recovery operations during a major emergency or disaster.
- Maintain and operate the city fixed –site and mobile Emergency Operations Center if needed during emergency operations.
- Conduct community emergency and disaster education workshops.
- Monitor severe weather watches, warnings and special statements issued by the National Weather Service and provide this information to other local government departments including public safety and public works agencies.
- Conduct meetings for the City Of Camden Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Provide assistance and support to all public safety agencies, government entities and private sector partners through planning, training and exercising.
- Coordinate resource support to tactical response units and on scene Incident Commanders.
- Provide Continuity of Operations Planning information and guidance.
Apply for the Youth Preparedness Council
Do you know a teen who has a passion for preparedness? FEMA is accepting applications for its 2021 Youth Preparedness Council (YPC). Since 2012, FEMA has brought youth from across the Nation together to serve on the YPC. Each year, teens apply to the YPC for an opportunity to join FEMA in encouraging emergency preparedness. YPC members are selected for two-year terms.
As part of the YPC, members can build leadership skills and represent their schools and communities. They also share their perspectives, feedback, and opinions with FEMA. The YPC gives youth the chance to meet peers from across the country and work on projects, such as preparedness fairs for their communities. A virtual summit in July gives members a chance to meet each other and hear from FEMA experts.
The application period is open to teens in grades 8-11 until March 7, 2021. Learn more on Ready Kids and apply here!
New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness Virtual Houses of Worship Security Program
To RSVP Please register at one of the following links: