The existing City of Camden Zoning Board of Adjustment, with the members thereon, is hereby reestablished as the City of Camden Board of Adjustment pursuant to the provisions of P.L. 1975, c. 291, Section 56 (N.J.S.A. 40:55D-69)
The Zoning Board of Adjustments shall accordingly exercise its power to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged by the applellant that there is error in any order, requirement, decision or refusal made by an administrative officer based on or made in the enforcement of the zoning ordinance.
- Interpretation of the zoning map, ordinance, or for decisions upon other special questions.
- Grant a variance to allow a structure or use in a district restricted against such structure or use in particular cases and for special reasons, but only by affirmative vote of at least two-thirds (2/3) of the full authorized membership of the Board
- Review its decisions on application and appeals for variances, prepare by resolution a report of its findings, and it’s recommendations for zoning ordinance amendments or revisions, if any.
- To direct the issuance of a permit for a building or structure in the bed of a mapped street or public drainageway, flood control basin or public area or to direct the issuance of a permit for a building or structure not related to a street.