The City of Camden Planning Board shall hereto be established pursuant to the provisions of P.L 1975, c.291, Section 14 (N.J.S.A. 40:55D-23 et seq.) and in conformance with the provisions listed in chapters 577-231, 577-232 and 577-233 in the City of Camden Code Book.
The Planning Board shall follow the provisions of this chapter and shall accordingly exercise its power in regard to:
- The adoption and revision of the existing Master Plan
- Subdivision approval control
- The Official Map
- This chapter, including conditional uses as provided herein.
- Site plan approval.
- The City of Camden Sign Ordinance.
- The capital improvements program.
- Variances and certain building permits in conjunction with subdivision, site plan and conditional use approval as provided herein.
The Planning Board may:
- Participate in the preparation and review of programs and plans required by state or federal law or regulations.
- Assemble data on a continuing basis as part of a continuous planning process
- Perform such other advisory duties as are assigned to it by ordinance or resolution of the City Council for the aid and assistance of the City Council or other agencies or officers.