We are trying to create a safe environment for all constituents and would encourage all and make an appointment prior to coming to the Housing Bureau. While we are transitioning into re-opening the Housing Bureau, we would like to keep with social distancing measures to prevent long lines.
HOUSING BUREAU RM 101:
- APPOINTMENTS MUST BE MADE BEFORE COMING TO THE HOUSING BUREAU.
- These appointments will be at 30-minute intervals
- You must call the day before to schedule your appointment
- Service cannot be rendered to anyone without an appointment
The purpose of the Bureau of Housing is to enforce the City Code 418 Property Maintenance Code of the City of Camden, which establishes requirements and standards for the protection of public health, safety, and welfare. Property Maintenance Inspections The Bureau of Housing performs inspections of owner occupied, rental, multiple dwellings, business and various other inspections of residential and commercial properties for property maintenance compliance. Upon completion of the initial inspection the owner is sent a copy of the violation record and given a date for reinspection; if the violations have not been abated, court action may be instituted. Rental properties are required to be inspected at the change of ownership and/or occupancy. Rental properties are required to be inspected and possess a Rental Approval Certificate prior to occupancy; multiple dwellings of three or more units require a license.
- All taxes must be current (Tax Office
- Room 117).
- All utilities must be on at time of inspection
- Inspections must be paid in full at time of scheduling
- All properties must be registered with Rent Control (Room 101)
- All properties must be registered with Municipal Clerk’s Office (Room 105)